Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday Orts and a Blurb


It's Friday! And because confession is good for the soul, I must confess that while Husband had a celebratory half-price shake when we heard the election results, Boy#3 and I were much more expensive. WE had full-price waffle sundaes. They were deliciousness with a cherry on top.

*****
So how is the finishing going for everyone? I haven't updated for a while, but any finishing I do from now on won't be able to top the finish from a few days ago.

My mom was a superb knitter, and when she died suddenly, several projects were left on her needles. After five years, I picked them back up. The two resulting sweaters were just the right size for two of her great-grandchildren.

My niece sent me a picture of her daughter wearing the sweater Mom made. "This is definitely a warm hug from Gma," K had written. 

Well, of course I cried.
This girl is gorgeous but I neglected to ask if I could use the picture. Sorry, G.
*****

Okay, this is a blurb for a product that I'm sure everyone else in the world already knows about, but on the off chance that you have not made this your favorite cooking aid, here it is: Parchment paper.

If you cook at all, parchment paper is your best friend. Buy some immediately. You will use it to bake cookies, roast vegetables, cool Chex mix, cure chocolate covered pretzels, line cake pans--I can't even tell you all the ways I use parchment paper.

And I didn't even know parchment paper was for civilians until a few years ago. I figured it was reserved for the Julia Childs-es of the world and that the rest of us were doomed to non-stick spray and irritation.

If you buy some, and find it languishing in your drawer, let me know. I'll buy it from you.

It's the very first MomQueenBee Money-Back Guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment